February 29, 2008

Paris, je t'aime

One of the more interesting movies of 2007 that I have seen is Paris, je t'aime. As the title indicates it is a portrait of Paris. Why is it so interesting? Well, it is actually a collage of 18 short films that loosely tie together, with the only really common factor being that they all take place in Paris, and most have something to do with love. Sounds shmoozy and there are a few of those short films that were strange or odd, but the majority of them were quite good. There are a ton of well known actors and actresses that you might recognize, and each of the segments was directed by a different director. The clips with Natalie Portman, Steve Buscemi, Nick Nolte, and Catalina Sandino Moreno were particularly memorable for me.

It is kind of hard to rehash any kind of a plot to give you a peek, so I will just say that there were about 6 of the segments that I really liked, about 10 that I liked, and 2ish that I didn't like - so I am giving this a solid recommend.

No comments: