May 31, 2008

Made of Honor (2008)

Finally got to my first movie made in 2008. My wife and I went to see Made of Honor in the theater. The movie is a fun little RomCom starring Patrick Dempsey, in which, he plays an affluent New York playboy averse to commitment. His best friend is Michelle Monaghan, a girl he once tried to seduce, but resisted his advances in college. She runs off to Scotland on a business trip, meets the perfect man, gets engaged, and asks him to be his "Maid of Honor". The rest of the movie is Dempsey realizing he has been in love with her all along and trying to break up the wedding from the inside out and get her back.

As I said, it is a fun little movie to see with your spouse or significant other. There aren't any scenes that jump out at me as noteworthy, just your run of the mill Romantic Comedy. I am not a huge fan of RomComs in general so this gets a mild recommend at best for me.

No comments: