January 23, 2008

My Top Ten Comedy Films of All Time

OK, now that you are all wondering how the heck I came up with my top ten drama films of all time, I have used the same scientific method and determined my top ten comedy films of all time (with a few notables). Oh and yes - I love Napoleon Dynamite, and will forgive you if you don't, but you must have some other redeeming qualities to make up for it.

1. Airplane!
2. Napoleon Dynamite
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
5. Rocketman
6. What's Up Doc
7. The Money Pit
8. The Princess Bride
9. M*A*S*H
10. What About Bob

Notables: I really wanted to put these movies on there somewhere, but when push came to shove, they got left out.

-
Annie Hall
-
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
-
Toy Story
-
Happy Gilmore

Omitted (evil chuckle) - While decent, these films have often topped other "Best Comedies" lists, and I never quite understood why:

- Some Like it Hot
- Boring, and really only one good joke in the final seconds of the film.
- Tootsie
- Overrated, although I can see how it was good in the early 80's because nothing was funny back then.
- The Graduate
- I don't get it, this movie is a drama, not a comedy...

3 comments:

John Fellows said...

UHF didn't make it either!?!?!?!?

Jared said...

Whoa, how did Dumb and Dumber get left out of the conversation.
Also, just watched Semi-pro with will ferrell, funny movie, might make my top 10 comedy list.

Jared said...

Whoa, what about Dumb and dumber.
This is one funny movie.
Also, just watched semi-pro with will ferrel, might just make my top ten comedy list.